Before discussing the best medication for anxiety and depression disorder or meds for anxiety and depression, here are the symptoms for anxiety and depression.
Anxiety and depression are quite common medical conditions that are not contagious and should not be viewed as weakness or defect in character.
People experiencing anxiety and depression disorders and are looking for a medication for anxiety and depression disorder can experience the following anxiety symptoms:
• Heart palpitations, heart begins to beat very fast,
• Sweaty palms, uncontrollable sweating, blushing, shortness of breath,
• Wanting to avoid places or situations that make them feel anxious,
• Distress, apprehension, agitation,
• Frequent mood swings, irritable,
• Illogical fears, fear of dying, fear of going crazy, fear of being alone, fear of certain situations, phobias,
• Excessive worry, assuming the worst outcome, pacing when concerned, constant concerns and worries that are difficult to manage,
• Panic easily, obsessive and compulsive behaviors, low self-esteem,
• Muscle tightness, muscle tremors, muscle tension and twitching,
• Chest pains, chest tightness,
• Trembling, shaking, twitching,
• Nausea, vomiting, stomach upset,
• Abdominal discomfort or pain, diarrhea or constipation,
• Dizziness, feeling lightheaded,
• Low confidence, terrified, very stressed,
• Biting your fingernails, picking your skin, tension and out of control behavior,
• Difficulty sleeping and erratic sleeping schedule
There is no doubt that mental health disorders are increasing worldwide and that events like school shootings and random shootings in malls and work places are all symptoms of how enormous the problem of depression is becoming.
Imbalances of the adrenals, thyroid and the pituitary and low concentrations of the three neurotransmitters — serotonin, norepinephrine and dopamine — seem to be linked to depression.
Depression is associated with changes in nerve pathways in the brain and changes in the neurotransmitters which allow brain cells to communicate with each other.
These changes in neurotransmitters manifest as various negative thoughts, attitudes, moods, loss of interest, negative outlook, not to mention the isolated Mr. Cho at Virginia Tech – USA, who spent much of his time alone.
The events that occurred at Virginia Tech University in 2007, where the severely disturbed student, Cho Seung-Hui killed 32 people before he shot and killed himself, are truly a tragedy of grand proportions. It’s reported he was taken to a mental health facility some time in 2006 because of his strange behavior at that time in stalking 2 female students.
He was recommended to get counseling from many different sources. His case was discussed among faculty and students alike. It would be a massive understatement to say that his final actions were “inappropriate” examples of anger and “acting out”.
List of medication for anxiety and depression disorder, meds for anxiety and meds for anxiety and depression.
Most people will be taking for anxiety and depression disorders the following drugs – Lexapro (Escitalopram oxalate), Effexor or Effexor XR (Venlafaxine), Zoloft (Sertraline), Paxil (Paroxetine), Cymbalta (Duloxetine hydrochloride), Prozac (Fluoxetine), Wellbutrin XL (Bupropion)…are all antidepressant drugs used by the medical profession.
Anxiety disorders today seem to affect very young and older people. Anxiety disorders include:
• Panic disorder,
• Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD),
• Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD),
• Generalized anxiety disorder (GAD),
• Phobias (social phobia, agoraphobia, and specific phobia).
Major depression symptoms are:
• Difficulty concentrating, memory lapses, cognitive impairment, inability to complete tasks and indecisiveness,
• No interest or pleasure in the activities you enjoyed before.
• Feeling unhappy, overwhelming sadness, anxious, overwhelmed and frequent crying.
• Decrease or increase of weight or appetite.
• Trouble sleeping – called insomnia, or sleeping excessively – called hypersomnia.
• Low self-esteem, pessimistic about everything in life.
• Fatigue, exhaustion and no energy.
• Feelings of guilt, hopelessness and worthlessness.
• Frequent suicidal behavior and thinking.
• Low sex drive, inability to socialize or communicate with others.
• Difficulty maintaining personal hygiene plus unable to do home cleaning and work responsibilities.
• Difficult to explain physical ailments that frequently do not go away with treatment – headaches, back pains, digestive problems, nausea, vomiting, chronic pain, frequent colds, constipation, stomach problems and more…
If you have a tendency and experience anxiety and depression, before you start taking any drugs…
• 1- You should consider making changes to your nutrition by eating high quality foods, including high-quality fatty acids – avoid processed foods, sodas and high calorie foods. Your body needs protein, carbohydrates, vitamins, minerals and fat to stay healthy and balanced.
• 2- Begin to exercise 4 to 5 days a week to increase the delivery of oxygen to the brain and reduce stress. Exercise will also improve your mood, attitude and energy levels.
• 3- Make sure you take a high quality vitamins/supplements and minerals. Your depressed body needs a balanced diet, omega-3 fatty acids and supplemental vitamins and minerals.
• 4- Improve the health of your adrenal glands (thyroid and pituitary). Author Dr. John R. Lee recommends the use of kelp concentrate to meet iodine requirements for proper thyroid gland function.
• 5- Studies show that people experiencing depression and anxiety episodes should also take high-quality Omega-3 fatty acids.
Fish oils provide a direct source of EPA and DHA and will lower your levels of triglycerides and blood pressure and the risk of heart disease.
• 6- If you are experiencing one or more of these symptoms of hormone imbalance – you should consider using natural progesterone cream supplementation for supporting proper hormone balance.
• 7- Use natural alternatives if you are experiencing mild depression, before you use antidepressants. Inositol, St. John’s wort, 5-HTP and SAMe can be used to increase serotonin levels without the side effects of pharmaceutical antidepressants.
Whichever treatment routes are chosen, consulting with mental health care professionals is always advised. Anxiety and depression disorders can be complex conditions to deal with and qualified professional assistance is the wise choice.