One of the first and most common things a man will ask when dealing with andropause symptoms is “Why am I experiencing a declining sex drive?”
For men who believe they won’t be able to enjoy sex anymore are facing a situation that can be devastating to the self-esteem!
Usually this becomes more noticeable when men reach their 40’s or 50’s. When it occurs, a man can be almost shocked because of uncertainty as to the next step.
However, there are several other symptoms relating to andropause (the man’s menopause), BHRT andropause and mid-life crisis andropause.
There are at least 30 million men just in the USA who will suffer from erectile dysfunction at some point in their life. Outside of having a mid-life crisis, male menopause is the most recognized reason.
When you add in all the other symptoms, then it’s possible that all these individuals are going to need treatments.
You should know about these symptoms ahead of time, so take a look at the andropause and midlife crisis andropause issues and symptoms:
• 1 – Diminished sex drive – When a man has decreased interest in sex then he’s going to have it less frequently.
In a man’s twenties the average is about 3 to 4 times a week, but when this takes over, a man can struggle to perform even 1 to 2 times a month.
• 2 – Low energy levels and fatigue – In the younger years it’s easy to go all day and night without much recourse, but with andropause the pace will slow. Eventually one will notice that physical activities take longer and need more effort.
• 3 – Body composition – When a man becomes sedentary he loses around 10% of the lean body mass after the age of 30. This occurs every 10 years or so, which means you’re going to lose muscle.
When there is muscle loss it is replaced by fat mass, which can make a man obese. This creates numerous health and wellness issues.
• 4 – Tendency to forget, memory lapses, inability to concentrate – We all forget things from time to time, but if you notice a bigger fluctuation then it could be an andropause symptom. One of the strengths of a man is his ability to focus, but without it you can feel depressed or useless.
• 5 – Odd feelings – If you’re noticing more anger, anxiety, depression, or irritability throughout the day then people will have a hard time dealing with you. This is a clear sign of male menopause.
• 6 – Difficult sleeping – We all need sleep, but if you’re constantly dealing with interrupted sleep your body will have a harder time repairing itself.
A lot of men have trouble falling asleep when dealing with male menopause. Over time, this can create a series of health consequences if it’s not fixed.
• 7 – Indecisive, low self-esteem, confusion – Solving problems is part of being a man. You feel efficient, competent and capable of achieving just about anything. When you’re experiencing andropause symptoms, these aspects begin to erode.
• 8 – Bone fractures and osteoporosis – Most men will lose their bone mass later than women, but those with andropause could experience it earlier. Some women lose this early on in their 30s, but men usually see it begin around their mid-40s to fifties.
Testosterone decreases can wreak havoc on a man’s sex life. While this is true, there are other things like too much stress, excessive weight gain, too much alcohol and tobacco abuse that are culprits as well.
Even the lack of physical activity, illness, and prescription drug side effects can be part of the reason. Is this something you just have to accept?
Hell no! If you take the right steps to stay healthy and full of energy, then your sex life and other areas will continue to be enjoyable.
Do men in their 40’s and older just have to accept these kinds of andropause symptoms as ‘what do you expect – you’re getting older’?
NO WAY! There ARE steps men over 40 can take that can help them stay healthy, full of energy and active (including sexually active) for many years to come.
The Testosterone Syndrome – The Critical Factor for Energy, Health & Sexuality and Reversing the Male Menopause by Eugene Shippen.
Testosterone therapy for male menopause can improve the overall health and feeling of well-being of aging men, improving sex drive, mental functions, and energy levels and reducing the risk of cardiovascular disease.
This program will be more successful if you also include good quality supplemental vitamins and a nutritional diet that does not include processed foods or fast foods.
This book discusses the usage of natural hormones, taking high quality vitamin and mineral supplements to help you maintain a good physical and mental health and adopt a healthy diet. All of this can contribute to looking younger than your actual age.
Maximize Your Vitality and Potency by Dr. Jonathan Wright and Lane Lenard, Ph.D.
Wright discusses clinical research for the last 60 years and reaches the conclusion that hormone imbalance and sex issues occur in both sexes in midlife or earlier for some people.
Learn how natural testosterone therapy and bioidentical natural progesterone are beneficial in treating hormone imbalance symptoms and diseases.
Most of these male menopause symptoms include heart disease, prostate disease, muscle weakness, osteoporosis, depression, high cholesterol, weight gain, and memory lapses, as well as sexual libido and performance.
Wright describes detailed information about testosterone, BHRT andropause herbal and related andropause symptoms.
Surviving Male Menopause – A Guide for Women and Men by Jed Diamond.
This book will help you deal with symptoms and changes in your emotional and sexual life. Its effect on relationships and on the individuals involved is unmistakable – andropause symptoms.
Through the recently rising voices of the men and women experiencing this change, Diamond seeks to show women and men how they can emerge on the other side happy, healthy and fulfilled.
Andropause symptoms related articles
Men’s health and more about andropause symptoms.
Low testosterone and prostate symptoms information.
Testing for determining hormone levels.
Books about improving your sex life.
Leave a Reply